Corporate communications system
Internal corporate communications
The internal corporate communications system supports the corporate culture and dialogue with employees. In order for the communications system to reach 100% of employees, the Company employs a broad range of communications formats and tools that allow for promptly providing information, managing this process, and trust from employees.
The main focuses of Gazprom Neft’s corporate communications in 2017 were identified based on the strategic priorities of corporate communications: safety and concern for the environment, technological effectiveness and innovativeness, efficiency and the employer brand.Goals of internal communications in 2017:
- reaching all the Company’s employees with corporate media and other internal corporate communications tools
- integrating new assets and projects into Gazprom Neft's communications system
- implementing a special internal communications programme with a focus on ‘Technological Leadership’, ‘Environmental Responsibility and Safe Working Conditions’, ‘Employer brand’, and ‘Efficiency’
- communication support for measures to correct the social and psychological climate and enhance the involvement of employees
- synchronizing the messages of external and internal communications
- development of corporate media formats
- 21 issues of Neftegazeta were issued
- 10 issues of the Siberian Oil magazine and the final enclosure in the ‘Oil. Just the Complex’ series were released
- the Siberian Oil magazine is an effective platform for conveying the Company’s key priorities
- the Company’s employees have high praise for the internal communications system. According to the results of a social and psychological climate study, 85% of employees note that they receive sufficient information about the Company’s activities, while 82% are well informed about the current issues of their enterprises
Internal corporate communication tools:
- the unified system of intranet portals of Gazprom Neft enterprises
- corporate media (Siberian Oil corporate magazine, the Neftegazeta periodical, and corporate radio stations)
- meetings between management and the workforce
- a system of television screens
- discussion platforms (conferences, roundtables)
- a feedback system
The Company develops an external communications system that aims to build a dialogue with outside audiences, inform stakeholders about significant events in the Company’s activities, foster the reputation of Gazprom Neft, and promote its brand.
In 2017, the Company developed a long-term communications strategy and identified the key aspects of Gazprom Neft's positioning in the information realm. The focuses of the Company’s communications were determined based on an analysis of the annual reputation audit conducted in key regions where the Company operates.
The official website is the Company’s key tool for disclosing information and feedback with external audiences. All requests received through the portal are analysed and forwarded to the relevant departments of Gazprom Neft for further processing. The Gazprom Neft Press Service promptly provides comprehensive and detailed information about corporate projects and comments on significant themes concerning the industry-wide information agenda at the request of media representatives.
Other important tools for external communications include the Gazprom Neft websites, which are united into a single integrated system, Gazprom Neft communities, Gazpromneft filling station networks, and the ‘Native Towns’ social investment programmes in the social networks Facebook, VKontakte, YouTube, and Instagram.
Gazprom Neft regularly holds press conferences and briefings attended by the Company’s senior management and leading national and industry-specific media outlets and organizes press tours of its production facilities for journalists.
During 2017, meetings were arranged for leading Russian and international media with Gazprom Neft Management Board Chairman Alexander Dyukov, Gazprom Neft First Deputy CEO Vadim Yakovlev, Director of the Company’s Research and Engineering Centre Mars Khasanov, Head of the Geological Exploration and Resource Base Development Directorate Alexey Vashkevich, and other senior managers.Themes that generated the greatest interest among external audiences in 2017:
- the implementation of the Technology Strategy
- the recognition of the Bazhen project as a national project and its progressive development
- the continuation of the modernization programme for Gazprom Neft refineries
- the discovery of the Neptune deposit in the Ayashsky licensed area on the shelf of the Sea of Okhotsk
- the commissioning of a gas plant at the Badra field in Iraq
- the start of construction on the deep conversion complex at the oil refinery of the Serbian asset NIS in Pancevo
- the completion of construction on the Biosphera modern treatment facilities at the Moscow Oil Refinery and the start of construction on a similar complex at the Omsk Oil Refinery