The corporate volunteering programme aims to involve employees in the Company’s social activities.
Structure of the Corporate volunteering programme:
- implementation of corporate and regional volunteer projects, which are developed by the Company together with NGO partners and local communities
- a contest of volunteer projects via which the Company encourages and supports the social initiatives of employees that aim to solve urgent social problems. The contest is held annually and may involve employees of all the Company's enterprises
- the intra-corporate mutual aid fund, which was created to provide material and organizational assistance to workforce members and their relatives who are in difficult straits. The fund operates based on the principles of co-financing from employees and the Company
In 2017, the volunteer project contest was held for the third time and received 118 applications. Projects from of the winners were implemented with the support of Gazprom Neft, and 928 volunteers took part in them.
Key volunteer projects of Gazprom Neft in 2017:
- In conjunction with the ‘Anton’s Right Here’ Centre for Social Habilitation, Habilitation is a system of medical and/or social activities that aim to help people with developmental disabilities with adapting to the social environment or any kind of activity. Learning, and Creativity for Adults with Autism. Over the course of the year, the Company's volunteers and students from the centre create souvenirs, which are exhibited at a charity Christmas auction at Gazprom Neft.
- In conjunction with the Raul charitable foundation. Volunteers advise young people leaving orphanages and boarding schools in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region about employment and life issues by helping them with their social adaptation. In 2017, Gazprom Neft volunteers helped 120 children from orphanages in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region, many of whom have disabilities. Volunteers from the Company taught children how to cook and use public transport and provided assistance in the development of the school curriculum, finding a job, and writing a resume. In some cases, volunteers spent the first working day with their clients to help them adapt. As of the end of the year, 48 out of 94 young people leaving orphanages had found permanent or temporary work.
- ‘Donor Day’. Participants in the Company’s traditional promotional event included 1,061 people from eight cities where the Company operates during the reporting year.
- The mutual aid fund. The assistance programme for Gazprom Neft employees in difficult straits has been implemented since 2010. In 2017, the fund raised RUB 11.53 million with 100% of the funds coming from request for aid.
- Over the course of 2017 – the Year of Ecology in Russia – Gazprom Neft volunteers took part in a large number of federal, regional, and local ecological promotional events and implemented their own environmental projects in the regions where the Company operates. Such projects included garbage collection at the Novoorlovsky Nature Reserve in St. Petersburg, the planting of three green alleyways in Omsk and larch trees in 850th Anniversary of Moscow City Park, repairs to aviaries at the Young Naturalists Station in Khanty-Mansiysk, and environmental classes with children from the Harmony Centre for Social Assistance to Families and Children in Moscow, among others.
During the reporting year, Gazprom Neft's volunteer programmes received a number of awards in the ‘Good Deed Champions’ contest, which was held as part of the 6th Moscow International Forum ‘Corporate Volunteering: Business and Society’. The ‘Discovering the World Together’ project won first place in the ‘Skills Volunteering’ project. The ‘Art of Being Kind’ project won a silver medal in the ‘Local Communities’ category. Complex environmental projects implemented by Gazpromneft-Muravlenko in the YNAD won first place in the ‘Best Environmental Project’ category.