In 2017, the enterprises of the Downstream Division continued implementing the activities of the integrated Energy Conservation and Improved Energy Efficiency Programme. Gazpromneft-Aero and Gazpromneft-BM have joined the programme, which as a result now includes the energy conservation activities of 49 production assets in the Downstream Division.
Main activities of the programme:
- replacing and modernizing process furnaces to increase their efficiency
- optimizing the recuperation system and using secondary energy resources in technological processes
- increasing the efficiency of fuel use in process furnaces by utilizing modern technologies
- optimizing condensate collection and return systems
- optimizing the operation of compressor equipment
- increasing the efficiency of heat and steam supply systems
- modernizing lighting systems
- replacing turbo drives and steam pumps with electric drives
As a result, the savings of fuel and energy resources within the Division exceeded the targets and amounted to:
- thermal energy – by 279,400 Gcal
- fuel – by 137,500 tonnes of natural fuel
- electricity – by 18.9 mn kWh
|Purchased electricity (minus electricity transferred to third parties), MWh||3,322,147||3,262,669||3,340,550||3,400,210||3,236,805|
|Change vs. previous period, %||6.4||(1.8)||2.4||1.8||(4.81)|
|Purchased thermal energy (minus electricity transferred to third parties), GJ||17,373,245||16,581,709||16,081,895||15,186,997||15,531,129|
|Change vs. previous period, %||3.1||(4.6)||(3.0)||(5.6)||2.27|
The implementation of measures contained in the integrated programme to improve the reliability of power supply to refineries has reduced the number of power failures at refineries by 15% compared with 2016.
In general, energy conservation activities made it possible to save 7.8 TJ of thermal energy, electricity, and fuel. The economic effect exceeded the targets and amounted to RUB 929.7 million.
The increase in specific energy consumption in 2017 is due to a decrease in refining volumes and the utilization rate of secondary processes in accordance with the production program as well as the reconstruction and commissioning of new units at the Moscow and Omsk Oil Refineries and the start of the production of Group III oils at Slavneft YANOS OJSC.
“The results of the energy conservation programme are a kind of indicator of the success and coordination of the work performed by a large team of specialists. Our further work in this area is consistent with the main trends in the industry’s development and is based on the digitization of business processes with the active use of components of predictive analytics and progressive IT solutions and technologies”.Vladimir Andreyev Head of the Energy Department of the Downstream Division
|Omsk Oil Refinery||123||117||114||110||107|
|Moscow Oil Refinery||123||122||114||113||111|