Protecting the atmosphere
The Company made progress in 2017 in addressing one of its main environmental objectives – reducing air pollutant emissions.
Key projects that made it possible to reduce gross emissions by 26% compared with 2016 included:
- APG utilization programmes
- an increase in APG consumption for oil treatment through the increased extraction of production fluid
- the commissioning of external gas transmission systems at gas processing plants
- repairs to the first process flow at the Omsk Oil Refinery
- the continuation of the modernization programme for the Moscow Oil Refinery: major repairs to the Big Ring installations, the reconstruction of the catalytic cracking unit (G-43-107), and the completion of the modernization of primary oil refining unit furnaces (crude vacuum unit-6) with conversion to eco-friendly gas fuel
Specific air pollutant emission indicators in 2017 amounted to 3.17 kg/tonne for extracted hydrocarbons (TOE) and 1.09 kg/tonne for refined hydrocarbons (TOE).